Futurist Amy Webb identifies 235 emerging tech trends that will impact us all in the years ahead. Traditional smartphones are projected to become obsolete…much sooner than one might think.
- 2018 marks the beginning of the end of traditional smartphones.
- Everyone should be paying extremely close attention to China.
- The artificial intelligence ecosystem — flooded with capital, hungry for commercial applications, and yet polluted with widespread, misplaced optimism and fear — will continue to swell.
- Policymakers won’t be prepared to deal with new challenges that arise from emerging science and technology.
- In 2018, a critical mass of emerging technologies will converge. Every organization must look for connections between trends, rather than following individual trends themselves.
- Decentralization emerged as a key theme for 2018.